Coronavirus made it tough but we keep working remotely with no delays.
September 09, 2015
The Crucible Essay – A Paper on Fear Betrayal Superstition and Politics
The Crucible is a play that was written about the Salem Witch trials. In it, the writer, Arthur Miller, deftly demonstrates how vindictiveness, mass panic, manipulation, and ignorance can combine with tragic results. His play demonstrates how the Salem Witch trials impacted several families and individuals, some innocent and some not so innocent. Although the plot of this play related to events that occurred centuries earlier, The Crucible is in reality a skewering commentary of McCarthyism. This was a political movement happening during the time the play was written that was led by Senator Joseph McCarthy. The goal of this movement was to target Americans who were allegedly involved with the communist party. This movement had the result of ruining the lives of several innocent people and even resulted in some deaths. The Crucible essay assignment that you are working on should definitely reflect the political tones of the novel along with the bravery of Arthur Miller for writing this play as he put himself at risk of being blackballed in Hollywood simply for writing it.
The Crucible Essay Questions Prompts and Ideas
Here are some excellent essay questions about The Crucible:
- Discuss the presence of religion in the novel. Is the author fair in his obvious distaste for it?
- As events unfold in the play, power begins shift. Was the motivation behind the Salem Witch Trials simply power and greed?
- What are the similarities between the Salem Witch Trials and McCarthyism
- What are some other historical events that closely match the Salem Witch Trials
- Discuss the issues that caused John Procter to struggle so much
- Discuss the character changes in Reverend Hale
- How can a group of people fall prey to lies, deceit, and manipulation?
- Is religion inherently evil, or simply a tool for evil
- What does Procter’s wife mean when she says ‘he has his goddess now.’?
- How could the events that unfolded in the story been avoided?
- Select a secondary character and write an analysis of that person
- Research some of Miller’s other plays. Is there a common theme?
- Discuss the risks of writing this play during these times.
- Write a The Crucible theme essay on any theme that you notice in the play
Getting Reliable Help Writing Essays
If you are looking for on campus help with writing essays on The Crucible, you can try seeking out your instructor, asking for help in the library, hiring a tutor, joining a study group, or using your school’s writing center volunteers. However, if that help is not available, that help is not satisfactory, or if you are interested in other forms of help, please consider using the professional writing services of trustmypaper.com. Here, you will find quick, professional, and reliable essay writing services that you can count on, no matter what the topic of your essay is. Help is available by speaking to one of our customer service representatives or by placing an order on our website. Don’t wait, your essay on ‘The Crucible’ could be finished in less than a day.