If you are taking any sort of a psychology class in college, you will explore the complex mental health issue of depression. In order to demonstrate you grasp of this subject, you will likely be asked to write a depression research paper. Writing a good research paper on depression requires more than a general knowledge of the subject. You must focus on something more specific. One example would be a research paper on clinical depression in teenagers; another example would be a research paper on natural treatments for depression. If you read published research articles on depression, you will find that there is a lot of great data on this topic. This should help you, as you explore various depression research topics that you might want to use as the focus of your research paper. Because it can be difficult to narrow down the best topics for research papers on depression, here is a compiled list of topic ideas and writing prompts.
Depression Topics for Research Paper Assignments about Adolescents
- Write a teenage depression research paper discussing the warning signs of depression in adolescent girls.
- Consider research paper depression topics about the differences between the manifestations of depression in teenagers versus the manifestations of depression in adults. How do these differences impact proper diagnosis?
- Write a research paper about depression that will convince school officials of the importance of learning the warning signs of depression.
- A lot of research paper topics on depression tend to assume that adults and teenagers react the same to medications. Argue whether or not this is a valid assumption.
- Compose a research paper on depression in teenagers that compares and contrasts the treatment methods used on older and younger teenagers.
Writing Prompts for Depression Research Papers Focusing on Under-Served Communities
- Take the following depression research paper thesis into consideration: The homelessness issue is directly related to our government's failure to deal with mental health issues among the poor. Defend or contest this thesis.
- Go on the internet and review depression research paper topics on the issue of mental health in the correctional system. Are inmates given adequate mental health treatment? Is it appropriate to house inmates who have depression or other mental illnesses away from other prisoners?
- Do VA hospitals have the ability to treat depression and PTSD, or should the government contract with private hospitals to provide these services? This is a particularly “hot topic” right now.
Topic Ideas for Depression Issues Affecting Women
- Write a research paper on postpartum depression. Do new mothers have adequate access to help and treatment? What can be done to educate families and partners about this illness?
- Write a major depressive research paper on female patients. Is this condition under-diagnosed in favor of diagnoses that focus on hormonal or emotional issues?
- Examine the impact of domestic violence on women with depression.
The complexities of depression and related mental health issues are apparent, and the entire topic provides for really interesting research and writing possibilities. If you need additional help with such a research paper, or any other academic writing assignment, contact the pros at TrustMyPaper.com and get the expert help you need. We’re “on call” 24 hours a day.
Didn't find the right topic for your depression research paper? We can help you with that! Our Ph.D. writer can either completely write your research paper for you or just help choose the topic, put together questions, develop thesis - any part of the paper basically. Order now to save your grade!