Coronavirus made it tough but we keep working remotely with no delays.
October 22, 2015
Effects and Causes of the Cold War Essay: Topic Ideas and Summary
World War II ended in the mid nineteen forties. While it was wonderful that a violent, global conflict had come to an end, the world would be entering a new set of tensions. The cold was began just after the end of the ward, and involved non violent conflict between the Soviet Union (Warsaw Pact) and the United States and their Allies (Nato). A cold war is defined as conflict that does not include any battles or military actions between the feuding nations. While the Soviet Union and the United States never used military force against one another, multiple wars during the time of the cold war happened as a direct result of the cold war conflict. These include both the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Other actions taken during this period that had far reaching effects included trading arms for hostages and the sale of arms to Middle Eastern Forces. Most historians agree that the cold war officially ended in the early nineties. Due to the fact that the cold war lasted so long and had economic, political, social, and cultural impacts world wide, there are many topics on which you can base a cold war essay. It is precisely that large selection that could trip you up. This is why we have come up with a list of essay topic ideas that we are confident are sure winners. Feel free to take any of the suggestions to use as is, or modify any of these in order to come up with a custom topic idea.
Cold War Essay Questions, Prompts, and Topic Ideas
- Write an essay describing the influence of the Cold War on the Vietnam War
- What actions did the United States take that caused the Soviet Union to feel as if their interests were being threatened?
- How are the citizens of North Korea still impacted by the events of the Cold War?
- How did the actions of Russian policy makers cause United States Officials to feel threatened or concerned?
- Write an essay that explains the Domino Theory
- Write an argumentative essay about who started the cold war. Defend your position with solid evidence.
- The reunification of Germany was a major indicator that the cold war was over. Write an essay describing the events around the destruction of the Berlin Wall.
- How did the Cold War play a role in the Korean War?
- Explain what happened during the Cuban Revolution and how it was related to the Cold War
- What was the impact of the cold war on pop culture throughout the decades?
- Does Ronald Reagan deserve the credit he received for engineering the end of the Cold War?
- Explain the Red Scare
- Write a DBQ essay about the three most important events of the Cold War
- What is containment? Write a detailed essay about the topic?
- Why was the Cold War such a driving factor behind the space race?
- How did actions taken during the Cold War impact the current situation in the Middle East?
- Discuss the nuclear arms race and the ways in which the Cold War has caused many volatile nations to have nuclear weapons.
All of our writers agree that these are great topic ideas and that students could pick any one of these questions or ideas and write an excellent essay. However, any student who would like additional help should contact us. There are writers on staff who have backgrounds in Foreign Policy, and World History who have the skills and talents to help with any essay related to the Cold War.